SERVPRO Water Restoration Technicians (WRT) Are Experts at Efficient Drying of Homes In Chicago
What factors affect drying time?
A Chicago property can suffer from seasonal rainfall or internal plumbing issues during your period of ownership. A wet property is tough to dry correctly due to a lack of natural ventilation and colder areas within the property. The longer the property is wet, the more likely it is to suffer adverse damages relating to mold or water stagnation. It is essential to manage temperature, air-flow, and humidity inside the structure to maximize drying efficiency. Our technicians can mobilize special drying equipment like venting box fans and rapid air-movers to create an artificial air-flow within the structure. Using your home's central heating or portable furnaces, we can raise the temperature to an optimum level for fast-drying. As water evaporates, it can increase humidity levels, which reduces the potential for fast evaporation. By deploying dehumidifiers, we can regain control of the indoor environment and ensure it remains efficient for drying.
How long should it take to dry a property?
When we perform water damage restoration for Chicago residents, one of the most important questions for homeowners is how long it takes. We usually work with a ball-park figure of between two and five days to thoroughly dry a property. These estimates can be affected by the size of the property, the extent of damage, and the difficulty we expect to encounter establishing proper drying protocol. SERVPRO recognizes that water issues can be a significant inconvenience for homeowners. Our crew chiefs can communicate with you every step of ensuring that your restoration timeframe is as accurate as possible, allowing you to plan your everyday life with minimal inconvenience.
What are the stages of drying a property?
- Initial assessment using measuring devices
- Drying protocol using psychrometric controls and equipment
- Re-assessment and possible adjustment of drying strategy
If your home requires efficient drying, contact SERVPRO of Logan Square/Humboldt Park at (773) 873-6300.
A Roof Can Cause Water Damage
Water damage is never something that is attractive to business. When the stagnant water has caused an unsightly stain on your ceiling, and even dripped through onto customers, your reputation is bound to be impacted. To avoid losing customers, and to reduce the chances of further property damage, it is wise to contact a professional for help as soon as you can.
The quicker that capable technicians can respond to the water damage inside of your Chicago property, the more likely a successful restoration can occur. Ignoring the problem could lead to mold damage in the structure of the attic space above your pub. Continuing to ignore the problem could lead to rot and potential violations of municipal safety codes. Addressing the problem swiftly can save you further expenses in the long run and improve the reputation of your business.
When you reach out to SERVPRO, our technicians always go the extra mile to arrive at your business as soon as possible. Our experts aim to work around your schedule and keep out of sight and mind. If you would prefer our technicians to work through the night, we can do so. We always strive to be as unobtrusive as possible to your business and foot traffic.
To handle the water damage inside of your property, our technicians can remove the stained paneling from your ceiling. We can set up advanced technology designed to improve airflow through your attic space, such as ventilation fans, dehumidifiers, and air movers. Using all of these specialized tools in conjunction creates an environment that fosters evaporation. Drawing out the water can bring the moisture levels of your pub back down to an acceptable amount and prevent further damage from occurring.
Furthermore, here at SERVPRO, we strive to be as helpful as possible and can put you in contact with a contractor who can fix the leaky patch of your roof.
If your business suffers water damage, never wait to contact help. Get in touch with SERVPRO of Logan Square/Humboldt Park by dialing (773) 8733-6300. It doesn't matter the time or day; our experts are available to help you.
Top Tips for Dealing with Water Damage
Water damage, along with the odor it brings is one of those “worst case scenario” situations that no one thinks is ever going to happen to them. But life often makes different plans for us. Pipes burst, a fire hydrant creates a localized flood, and roofs leak. Water damage, however, seemingly minor, always requires a specialized service and it’s a problem that you’re going to want to deal with the right way.
What are the steps to deal with water damage?
The perk about this, is that the steps are going to be easy. In fact, there is only one step here that you must worry about once you discover you have water damage; and that is to call in the professionals at SERVPRO of Logan Square/Humboldt Park!
Why do I need to go pro?
Most people love to experiment with DIY, but when it comes to water damage and its potential for health effects with mold growth, you will want to put down the power tools and call in the pros. Here’s why:
- Damage is unavoidable: Even if you clean up all the water that you see, there is always water that you cannot see, and the damage that it causes will be unavoidable. It is not your fault of course, because this is not your area of expertise!
- Removing all water and moisture is impossible without the right tools: When you want to make sure that you are keeping your home safe and sound, you will have to have the right tools for water removal, moisture removal, mold removal, and odor removal. Odds are that you do not have those tools in your basement!
- Odor removal is a true professional job: In particular, removing old is notoriously difficult and takes many tools, lots of experience, and professional training to do properly. If you do not want to be dealing with the damp wet smell for years, not to mention the mold it could bring, you really need to trust the pros!
- The faster you move, the better the chances of effective removal: Timing is everything when it comes to water damage! Water works fast and it will create serious, expensive damage in no time at all. Literally minutes, in fact. No matter how much you may want to take it on yourself, the truth is that you don’t have the time to learn how to do it or get all of the tools together to dry it out completely. We will be on the road to your home as soon as possible after receiving your call, equipped with our tools to hand to effectively stop any water damage in its tracks before it begins.
- There’s a process to water damage recovery: If you’ve ever had water damage before and you’ve seen the pros in action, you know that there is a specific process to follow that is going to offer your home the best recovery. The right people must apply the right steps in the right timing, in the right physical area. That’s a lot, and it’s not extra stress that you need or want on your plate, right?
If you want to make sure that you are giving yourself the best advantage for a damage-free home, please contact us at SERVPRO of Logan Square/Humboldt Park and allow us to help your home recover from water damage. Professionals in specialized cleaning, including water mitigation, restoration, and mold restoration, we are ready for all your water damage needs.
Without question, water damage is not going to be something that you must deal with, but it is a frustrating reality for many. If you want support and professional guidance that will make your house feel as good as new, call us today!